What are the Signs of a Learning Disability?
There are many signs of a learning disability among children. Listed below are some common signs of a learning disability.
Does your child struggle with any of the following?
- Has difficulty understanding or following instructions
- Loses or misplaces homework and text books
- Struggles with reading, spelling, writing, or math
- Has trouble distinguishing between right and left
- Reverses letters, words or numbers (i.e., the letter “E” and the number “3″ -or- 34 looks like 43)
- Repeatedly cannot remember what they had for lunch or other regular occurences during the day
- Lacks coordination or finds it difficult to hold a pencil or tie shoelaces
- Misunderstands time on a clock, days of the week, or the concept of yesterday, today, and tomorrow
- Cannot remember something you just told them